Built in Frederikshavn, Denmark in 1929.
- Phoenix began her working life as an evangelical Mission Schooner. Twenty years later she retired from missionary work and carried cargo until her engine room was damaged by fire.
- She was bought by new owners in 1974 who converted her into a Brigantine.
- Purchased by Square Sail in Miami in 1987; a first aid over-haul enabled her to sail back to the UK where she underwent a complete refit.
- In 1991 she was converted to the 15th century Caravel ‘Santa Maria’ for Ridley Scott’s film ‘1492 Conquest of Paradise’.
- The ship was known as Santa Maria until 1996 when, due to increasing demand for period square-riggers, she was converted into the two-masted 18th Century Brig she is today, and reverted to her original name ‘Phoenix of Dell Quay’.
Call +44 (0) 1726 70241 / 67526